The ARRIS FFT‐Q series equalizable taps offer improved return path performance for advanced two‐way HFC systems while maintaining backward compatibility with the previous FFT installed base (Back to “F” Series). In addition to mechanical backward compatibility to existing FFT tap housings, we now offer faceplate only options for plant upgrades. The faceplate only option allows the technician to easily upgrade an existing location with a simple faceplate change. This solution provides significant product cost savings, as well as reduced shipment cost, by eliminating unneeded extra housings being built and shipped.
The FFT 1.2 GHz taps continue to come equipped with an auto‐seize F‐connector which improves system reliability by providing increased drop center conductor clamping force and a greater surface/contact area over standard F‐connectors.
For applications that require plant power on the F‐port the FFT faceplate can be replaced with the BTTF F‐port power extracting faceplate.
• Support DOCSIS® 3.1 expanded bandwidth up to 1218 MHz
• Improve network performance with signal conditioning plug‐ins
• High quality RF connection with auto‐seize F‐connectors
• Maintain existing installed base with compatibility back to “F” series FFT housings
• Standard faceplate only options for cost effective upgrades to existing FFT deployments
• High level of network resilience with 6 kV surge resistance on feederline and F‐ports
• Blank tap option FFT*‐PBA‐V for future expansion
• Maintain RF and AC connections with faceplate removed with integrated bypass capability